You have been lied to about cows and the environment, with Robb Wolf and Diana Rogers.
Robb Wolf, a former research biochemist, is the New York Times Best Selling author of The Paleo Solution – The Original Human Diet and Wired to Eat. Robb has functioned as a review editor for the Journal of Nutrition and Metabolism, is co-founder of the nutrition and athletic training journal, The Performance Menu, co-owner of NorCal Strength & Conditioning, one of the Men’s Health “top 30 gyms in America”. He has transformed the lives of hundreds of thousands of people around the world via his top ranked iTunes podcast, book and seminars.
Robb is also co-author of the film’s companion book, Sacred Cow: The Case for (Better) Meat, along with Diana Rodgers, releasing in July, 2020.
Diana Rodgers, RD, is a “real food” nutritionist and writer living on a working organic farm. She runs a clinical nutrition practice, hosts the Sustainable Dish Podcast, and speaks internationally about human nutrition, sustainability, animal welfare and social justice. She’s written two books and helped to produce the short film, Soft Slaughter, which won a real food media award. Her work has been featured in The Los Angeles Times, The Boston Globe, Edible Boston and To Market.
- 9:55 Start of the Podcast
- 11:30 What grazing ruminants do for our planet.
- 25:20 How long have ruminants been walking the earth?
- 27:38 Is most of our agricultural land suitable to grow plants?
- 29:25 Graphics from ‘’Sacred Cow’’
- 31:05 Carbon Sequestration/cattle carbon cycle.
- 32:25 Are cow burps killing the environment?
- 43:55 Water evaporation/runoff/water sequestration.
- 47:10 EPA data on cattle methane emissions/a better agriculture system for the environment.
- 57:50 Why don’t we hear about the real data of cattle methane emissions?
- 1:03:55 Life cycle analysis of an animal raised using regenerative agriculture.
- 1:13:55 Scalability of Regenerative agriculture.
- 1:32:10 Research on regenerative agriculture and carbon sequestration.
- 1:36:25 Robb’s closing remarks
- 1:39:35 Would getting rid of meat do more harm than good?
- 1:42:55 Diana’s closing remarks
- 1:44:10 What could you substitute for meat?
- 1:46:45 The most radical thing Robb and Diana done recently